For the food and beverage industry Nagase offers unique ingredients from Hayashibara, a one-of-a-kind manufacturer in Japan with sophisticated R&D technologies. Our product range includes:
- TREHA®, a multifunctional disaccharide trehalose with benefits of freshness, flavor and texture
- PULLULAN, a natural polysaccharide with excellent film-forming ability
- Sunmalt®-S, a high purity maltose
NAGASE (Europa) GmbH supplies enzyme preparations produced by NAGASE ChemteX, a consolidated subsidiary of NAGASE & CO., LTD. NAGASE ChemteX mainly produces their enzymes by submerged fermentation of classical and self-cloned microorganism strains of the genus Streptomyces. Microorganisms belonging to the genus Streptomyces are the ubiquitously found microorganisms in soil and over 570 species of Streptomyces bacteria have been described. Their large genome of up to ~7800 protein-encoding genes carries enormous potential for enzyme activity development. Dossiers for all enzyme activities used in commercially available preparations have been submitted to EFSA for approval under the FIAP regulatory framework (Regulation (EC) No 1332/2008). They will be part of the European Union’s “enzyme positive list” once this is published.
NAGASE ChemteX has a long history and vast experience in the utilisation of Streptomyces bacteria strains for the production of unique enzyme activities that are found hardly anywhere else. From lactase to very specific proteases to chitin degrading enzymes – NAGASE offers what other producers don’t. With its specialised portfolio NAGASE is the supplier of choice for the markets of today and tomorrow. From “lactose-free” to specialised baking applications and value-added meat products, from insect protein processing/utilisation to collagen hydrolysis and many more. Contact us for information and application advice on our unique enzymes for your applications.
- DENAZYME GY2: pure lactase activity for today’s lactose-free consumer products
- PLA2 NAGASE (liquid and powder): Phospholipase activity for egg yolk processing and baking applications
- DENAZYME GEL-L1/R: β-glucanase activity for yeast processing
- DENAZYME CBB-P1/R: Chitinase activity for novel applications in sustainable protein processing
- DENAZYME PMC Softer: highly specific collagenase activity for energy efficient meat processing